Today I would like to introduce a very interesting new feature that I’ve just learned, how to create a chatbot for your website in seconds in Power Virtual Agents.
Power Virtual Agents lets you create powerful AI-powered chatbots for a range of requests—from providing simple answers to common questions to resolving issues requiring complex conversations. Engage with customers and employees in multiple languages across websites, mobile apps, Facebook, Microsoft Teams, or any channel supported by the Azure Bot Framework. More details: Power Virtual Agents overview
If you don’t have a Power Virtual Agents account, you can apply for a new trial environment.
Your bot must be created in the US region.
Other regions, and languages other than English, aren’t supported during the preview.
Then go to the Power Virtual Agents home page
Select Create a bot on the Home page or New chatbot from the Chatbots page.
Enter a name for the bot. And select the language you want your bot to speak from the menu.
Provide a website you’d like the bot to use for generating answers, and click Create. For example, my blog site: https://yzhums.com/
Boost your conversations with generative answers (preview)
Let your bot create responses in real time with generative answers and information from a website you choose. Learn more
After your bot is created and ready for you to use, it’ll open to the bot’s Overview page. From here, you can confirm that generative answers is enabled.
Let me do some simple tests:
Question: I would like to know how to export data from Business Central.
Answer: You can export data from Business Central by following the instructions in this article: https://yzhums.com/4286/. Let me know if you need any further assistance.
Question: Can it be exported to Excel?
Answer: Yes, you can export data from Dynamics 365 Business Central to Excel. Here is an article that explains how to do it: https://yzhums.com/14497/.
Question: Ok, any other posts about APIs?
Answer: Yes, here are some helpful resources about APIs for Dynamics 365 Business Central:
- Using OAuth to connect Business Central APIs and Web … – Dynamics 365 Lab: https://yzhums.com/20690/
- Dynamics 365 Business Central: Two Extension Packs that will make you …: https://yzhums.com/2687/
- Using OAuth 2.0 to connect Business Central APIs and … – Dynamics 365 Lab: https://yzhums.com/33195/
It looks very good, give it a try!!!😁
The URL you provide represents the scope of content that is used for generating responses.
There are some requirements on the type and structure of the URL you use:
The URL can have up to two levels of depth (or “subpaths”, indicated by forward slashes (/)). Your URL can have a trailing forward slash, which isn’t included in the limit of two slashes:
- The URLs www.contoso.com, www.fabrikam.com/engines/rotary, or www.fabrikam.com/engines/rotary/ would be valid. The URL www.fabrikam.com/engines/rotary/dual-shaft wouldn’t.
If the URL you specify redirects to another top-level site, that content isn’t included in results:
- If, when visited in a browser, www.fabrikam.com redirected to www.contoso.fabrikam.com, then the bot wouldn’t generate responses from content on either of those URLs.
The capability won’t generate responses from a URL that points to a website that requires authentication or that isn’t indexed by Bing:
- Wikis, SharePoint sites, and other types of websites that require authentication, for example fabrikam.visualstudio.com/project/_wiki or fabrikam.sharepoint.com, can’t be used.
You should also be aware of the following characteristics of the capability:
The bot generates responses from any publicly viewable content under the URL you specify, including subdomains under a top-level domain:
- If you were to use the URL www.fabrikam.com/engines/rotary, the content on www.fabrikam.com/engines/rotary/dual-shaft would also be used by the bot to generate responses.
Content from www.fabrikam.com/tools wouldn’t be used.
- If you were to use www.fabrikam.com, the bot wouldn’t generate responses from content on news.fabrikam.com, as news. is a subdomain under the top-level domain fabrikam.com.
- If you were to use fabrikam.com, then content from www.fabrikam.com and news.fabrikam.com would be used, as they sit “under” the top-level domain fabrikam.com.
The bot may generate nonsensical, irrelevant, or inappropriate answers if you use a forum or social network site as your URL:
- Community content on social networks can often increase the risk of more answers being rejected due to inappropriate, offensive, and malicious content that is more common on those sites.
For more information, see the AI response generation training, model, and usage notes for more information on how the AI is trained to avoid generating malicious and offensive responses.
The URL you specify should host the content you want the bot to generate answers from; it shouldn’t be the URL for a search engine:
- Using bing.com or other search engines in the URL won’t provide useful responses.
You can find more about Generative answers in MS Learn (Docs)
Hope this will help.
Thanks for reading.