The public preview for Dynamics 365 Business Central 2023 release wave 2 (BC23) is available. Learn more: Link.
I will continue to test and share some new features that I hope will be helpful.
More and more people use mobile phones or tablets to access Business Central. The ability to quickly find pages or data on mobile devices opens up many new possibilities for mobile scenarios.
The Business Central client includes the Tell me feature that lets users find objects by entering search terms.
But it has not supported mobile clients for a long time.
Is Tell Me available for all form factors?
That changed in this wave👏👏👏. Let’s see more details.
This feature adds the popular Tell Me experience to mobile devices that run the Business Central app.
- The Tell Me feature is enabled in the mobile app (phone and tablet mode on iOS and Android), and users can access any page they’re allowed to.
In phone mode:
In tablet mode:
PS: In previous versions
- Permissions are respected. Users can’t access pages they don’t have permissions to open.
This is the same as in Web Client.
- Pages that weren’t allowed on phones before—for example, worksheet pages—aren’t available.
Sorry, the action you’ve chosen can’t be done on your device. This is because the screen size is too small for the page that will be opened. To complete this task, you’ll have to use Business Central on a tablet or computer. (ID: 39)
- The Alt+Q keyboard shortcut is available for devices that have a physical keyboard.
- You must turn on this feature on the Feature Management page.
Feature: Search for pages and data in the mobile app:
- The AppSource section is hidden on mobile devices.
From Business Central 2023 wave 2 (BC23), AppSource search results will be removed from Tell me search (ALT+Q). More details: AppSource search results will be removed from Tell me search (ALT+Q)
- You can bookmark pages on mobile devices like you would on your computer.
You need to refresh the page or log in again to display it.
Great. Give it a try!!!😁
1. It also provides access to the Tell Me built-in data search. More details: Business Central 2023 wave 2 (BC23): Get to data search from anywhere (Search data in Tell Me)
2. If the user sets the Blank Profile role, Tell Me cannot be opened. The user needs to select the role to use in the Web Client or Mobile Client.
Hope this will help.
Thanks for reading.