The public preview for Dynamics 365 Business Central 2023 release wave 2 (BC23) is available. Learn more: Link.
I will continue to test and share some new features that I hope will be helpful.
Microsoft has two documents mentioning this feature:
Businesses send customer statements to customers in various formats and to serve various purposes. We’ve added a new option to the Customer Statement report that can clarify what customers owe you.
Businesses send customer statements to customers in various formats and for various purposes. We’ve added a Statement Style field so that you can include only open entries in the report.
This is an idea that was proposed in Business Central Ideas about three years ago.
Business Central Ideas | Customer Statement only with open entries
With this wave, if you open the Customer Statement report from the Customers list page or the role explorer, you’ll find the following options in the Statement Style field on the request page:
Specifies if you want regular statement report or report with open entries only which are posted in the selected period and still open in the moment of Ending Date.
- Balance gives customers an overview of outstanding amounts and a reminder to pay amounts that are overdue.
- Open Items does the following:
- Shows only open entries within the specified date range.
- Shows a balance for open entries before the start date.
- Ignores entries that have a posting date that’s after the ending date.
PS: in previous versions
Great. Give it a try!!!😁
More details about Statements.
Hope this will help.
Thanks for reading.