I received an interesting question last week, why does the Business Central automatically create a contact when creating a customer, vendor, or bank account? And where can change the setting? There are no relevant settings in both Sales & Receivables Setup and Purchases & Payables Setup.
Let’s look at an example in demo database:
Yes, as you can see, when I create a new customer, vendor and bank account, the contacts are also created automatically.
It’s not really complicated to change this setting, except that it’s not in the Sales, Purchase, or Finance settings.
Choose Tell Me icon, enter Marketing Setup, and then choose the related link.
Then you can find the following three settings in Interactions group.
If you clear these settings, when you automatically create customers, vendors, and banks, contacts will not be created automatically.
So if you have specified a Bus. Relation Code, when you create a customer, vendor, employee, or bank account card, a contact is automatically created. Isn’t it very simple? Give it a try!!!😁
1. If you have customers, vendors, and bank accounts that you want to create contact cards for, you can use the Create Contacts from batch jobs to create contacts from the existing data.
Choose the Tell Me icon, enter one of the following, depending what you want to create contacts from, and then choose the related link.
- Create Contacts from Customers
- Create Contacts from Vendors
- Create Contacts from Bank Accounts
But Bus. Rel. Code in Marketing Setup is required.
2. If you delete a contact linked to a customer, vendor, employee, or bank account, only the contact is removed. The customer, vendor, employee, or bank account remains.
3. If you delete a customer, vendor, employee, or bank account that is linked to a contact, the contact remains.
Find out more about Create Contacts from MS Docs.
Hope this will help.
Thanks for reading.