Each Dynamics 365 Business Central cloud instance comes with 80 GB of database storage, which is more than ample for most organizations. But some businesses have unique scenarios that may require additional storage.
To help customers manage and plan their storage costs on an ongoing basis, the Business Central administration center includes the Capacity page. The Capacity page provides an overview of the total database and file storage usage, with details about the storage used by every environment. The page also displays the currently used and the maximum allowed number of production and sandbox environments available for the customer.
Customers can purchase additional database capacity and environments via their reselling partner by using the following add-ons:
- Dynamics 365 Business Central Database Capacity
- Dynamics 365 Business Central Additional Environment Add-on
Fortunately, on the Dynamics 365 Business Central Launch Event 2021 release wave 1, Keynote on demand, Microsoft has announced that Business Central database capacity will be extended by a new storage plan and also reduced price for additional capacity. The new rule will automatically apply to all existing customers and new customers on July 1, 2021.
The following is extracted from Microsoft Yammer:
Announcing Dynamics 365 Business Central database capacity changes as of July 1, 2021:
- Business Central Database Capacity price reduced from $40 to $10/1GB/tenant/month.
- New offer: Business Central Database Capacity 100: $500/100GB/tenant/month.
- New offer: Business Central Database Capacity Overage: $5/1GB/tenant/month (pre-requirement of Business Central Database Capacity 100)
- Added default database capacity entitlements:
- Business Central Essentials: 2GB/user
- Business Central Premium: 3GB/user
- Business Central Device: 1GB/device
Other resources for partners:
- Dynamics 365 Pricing and Licensing for Partners: PSBC (valid credentials required)
- Need help? Contact Microsoft Partner Community (valid credentials required)
- Submit feedback and suggestions regarding the Dynamics 365 Licensing Readiness here.
PS: As of now, MS DOCS has not been updated. (2021/06/04)
For more details: Storage
Hope this will help.
Thanks for reading.