Dynamics 365 Business Central 2021 release wave 1 (BC18) is generally available. New customers will automatically get the latest builds of Business Central 2021rw1 (version 18).
Version: W1 18.0 (Platform 18.0.22893.23836 + Application 18.0.23013.23532)
Version: W1 18.0 (Platform 18.0.22893.23773 + Application 18.0.23013.23795)
AL Language: v7.1.441584
A few highlights and next steps from Microsoft Yammer:
- Extended 60 days update window (see details below)
- Join us at Business Central Launch Event April 13, Mike Morton will host an opening session with important announcements, 18+ readiness breakout sessions (available on-demand), Live Q&A with product experts. Register today and add to your calendar – it’s free: https://aka.ms/BCLE
- Please share attached invite with your peers and see session list.
- Join the Business Central Offices Hours Call April 7 (5:00pm CET/8:00amPST), for partners to hear how the 2021rw1 (v18) update rollout is performed and how can you best prepare for it and ask your questions. Register today for the call: https://aka.ms/BCOfficeHours
- On-premises product downloadcan be accessed here: https://businesscenter.mbs.microsoft.com/#contentdetail/Dyn365BizCentralOnPrem_2021Wave1release – and you can always get to the latest on-premises download links from aka.ms/BConprem
- One country exception: with this release we are expanding to four new countries; Greece, India, Romania, and Turkey. Turkey will first be available later in April 2021.
Extended 60 days update window
Microsoft has decided to extend the update window for existing customers to 60 days.
The 2021 release wave 1 update for Dynamics 365 Business Central will be rolled out gradually across all regions over the next several weeks, so you must wait for an email notification, stating that your environment has been scheduled for the update before you take any action.
It is very important that you specify the relevant notification recipients in your Business Central Administration Center as soon as possible in order not to miss that notification. Please follow the instructions described here.
Within 14 days, starting the day you receive the email notification that your environment has been scheduled for the 2021 wave 1 update, you can go to the Business Central Administration Center and schedule the update date for each of your environments to a more convenient date within the next 60 days.
Please also visit https://aka.ms/bcupdates to learn how a major Business Central update rolls out. It includes behind-the-scenes insights, actions that you must take, and answers some common questions related to the major updates roll-out. And join us at the Office Hours Call April 7 to learn more about the process and ask your questions. Register: https://aka.ms/BCOfficeHours.
Hope this will help.